au Jibun Bank: a relationship for the long term
How au Jibun Bank aims to repay customer loyalty by constantly improving their banking experiences.
Outstanding customer experience is at the heart of every successful business.
For better experiences, au Jibun Bank utilises customers’ transaction history, such as deposits, payments and wealth management, to present them with timely and relevant offers.
It means that the more customers use au Jibun’s services, the better their experiences will become.
LOYALTY PROGRAMME FOR CONTINUED ENGAGEMENT
Au Jibun Bank offers a unique customer loyalty programme, to recognise and reward those who use or engage with the brand on a recurring basis.
Called Jibun Plus, it was launched in 2016. A recent major refresh resulted in better customer experiences and to foster further loyalty and trust.
Depending on a customer’s engagement with au Jibun’s services, each user is entitled to either of the four levels (Premium, Gold, Silver and Regular), and to enjoy specific benefits and earning points of the bank’s broader group.
BENEFITS AND POINTS
Up to 15 times a month, customers can earn higher points for engaging with the bank, including:
- Money deposit: Setting au Jibun to a salary/bonus bank account, or setting automatic money transfer into au Jibun’s account from others.
- Direct account transfer: Transferring money from au Jibun’s bank account to credit card and so on.
- Cashless payments: Charging automatically to the auPAY channel, which is the payment app of the bank’s broader group; pay by smartphone; and pay by smartphone debit card, which is the digital debit payment service of the bank.
- Automatic deposit: Use the bank’s Foreign Currency Automatic Saving Services (AI-powered services or regular saving services).
Finally, customers can make bank transfers free of charge from their au Jibun bank account:
- To accounts of au Jibun Bank or MUFG Bank: unlimited use every month; and
- To other accounts: from three to 15 times per month, based on the loyalty programme level.
Conditions would be judged by the total numbers of “stamps” that users collect by using various services offered by au Jibun Bank and by its broader group.
The collection would be continuously updated every month. For example, if users collect more than five stamps in a month, they would be entitled to the highest Premium stage the following month.
HOW TO COLLECT STAMPS
Customers get one stamp for each point and can collect a maximum of six stamps. They can do that in the following ways:
- Receive in-money transfer (receiving their salary or bonus, or using the bank’s automatic money transfer service into au Jibun’s account from others).
- Use account transfer (such as transferring money from au Jibun’s bank account to credit cards).
- Use the group’s cashless payment services (charging to auPAY, using a smartphone debit card and so on).
- Enjoy the bank’s entertainment services (purchasing the bank’s sports lottery, or transferring money to government-operated gambling sports: horse racing, boat racing, bike racing and auto race, which is a Japanese version of flat-track motorcycle racing).
- Enjoy the bank’s or the group’s wealth management services (foreign currency deposit, forex trading, fund sweep between the brokerage services and so on).
- Keep up the account balance (such as keeping total assets at the bank above JPY 500,000 ($4,200), foreign currency deposit size above JPY 100,000 ($840) or having more than 1 JPY in lending products.
Regardless of the number of stamps users collect, the bank would provide a special offer to customers depending on some specific conditions.
For example, if a customer’s total assets at the bank amount to more than JPY 10,000,000 ($84,000), they will be entitled to the highest Premium stage automatically, no matter how many stamps they get in a month.
TO BECOME A LIFETIME COMPANION TO CUSTOMERS
Since its foundation in 2008 before the advent of 3G, the bank has always made its priority that of becoming an exclusively tailor-made bank for each customer.
By leveraging the power of its renewed customer loyalty programme, au Jibun Bank gears its activity to improve customers’ experiences to ensure retention and acquisition.
It is not an easy feat to achieve full customer loyalty, but au Jibun Bank believes that this customer loyalty programme will surely drive its banking business to the next level, in the new era of customer engagement.