White paper: Solving the identity problem in PSD2 and GDPR
PSD2 forces banks across EU to add two-factor Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) on all remote access to customer accounts. Hidden behind this is a deeper requirement—the need to perform a Strong Customer Identity Verification (SCeID) process on both the initial issuance of the authentication credentials and any subsequent remote re-issuance when credentials are lost.
The aim of this Jumio white paper is to examine the links between SCeID and SCA bearing in mind the inter-relationship between PSD2 and GDPR.
The white paper outlines:
- How SCeID and SCA are connected
- How regulatory mandates such as PSD2 and GDPR are similar, and how they differ
- What are the challenges SCA and SCeID bring
- What technology solutions can regulated companies leverage to meet their obligations around security and identification
- How to create new value for your customers through Strong Identity Verification (SCeID)