NTT Ltd’s 2020 Global Customer Experience Benchmarking Report: the connected customer – delivering an effortless experience
The theme for this year’s report by NTT Ltd – The connected customer – delivering an effortless experience – sums up the necessity of getting customer experience (CX) right in every area of the organisation, on every modality, across the value chain (which may well involve external providers, too).
With banking and investment organisations focused on the value they provide to their customers, they’re looking for opportunities to hyper-personalise each interaction.
That’s easier said than done when you’re dealing with a complex system of many independent moving parts. There’s a great deal of effort involved in delivering effortless CX. But organisations that are making that effort are reaping the rewards, as we see in the performance of those in the top quartile this year. This year’s findings show that ease of resolution is still the most important factor in customer satisfaction.
Connect with your customers the way they expect, using channels they wish to engage on. To provide a seamless and effortless journey, focus on these key business outcomes:
- Lead with strategy: CX is an enterprise-wide deliverable that requires a clear, integrated strategy and well-defined execution across the organisation. Boardrooms need to follow through on sentiment and ensure that CX strategies are clearly formulated, managed and delivered.
- Understand customers: The voice of your customers and employees remains at the center of CX strategy and design. Data quality and governance are essential to CX analytics, as is a data management platform that integrates information and insights.
- Personalise experiences: Understanding what it is that your customers value will enable you to deliver the exception, not the rule – and meet increasing demands for hyper-personalisation in CX. Leveraging data to provide this is of increasing importance to the banking and investment sector.
- Engage through omnichannel: Customers want to engage on their channels of choice but it’s the customer journey, not technology availability, that dictates whether new channels should be deployed.
- Automate intelligence: Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) will become the catalyst for understanding customers, improving business operations, and enabling human workforces. However, these technologies are still in the early stages of develop so be circumspect in your deployment.
- Optimise performance: Optimisation is an ongoing practice, a philosophy of continuous improvement and evolution of technology, business and people to better serve customers. As the pace of change accelerates, the focus of optimisation should move to agile and adaptable approaches.
A well-defined CX strategy and clear leadership are the foundation for a truly connected, effortless CX that will create value for your customers and business.
Fill in your details to download your free copy of the “2020 Global Customer Experience Benchmarking Report”:
FinTech Futures will use the details that you provide here to send you the report and share them with NTT Ltd for informative purposes including follow-up on the report.