Fintech Lab launches insurtech accelerator in Moscow
The lab received over 80 applications from various Russian cities and abroad. Based on the results of a preliminary selection 22 teams were invited for an onsite tour.
After presentations, representatives from Alfa Insurance, VTB Insurance and D2 Insurance selected nine projects for the 12-week programme:
- Adaperio – service for collecting information about cars and their owners for motor insurance underwriting;
- Aura Devices – developer of wearable device used for measuring blood count, water content, pulse and physical activity of an insured person;
- DataFuel – service for insurance scoring, such as defining liability for risk and “scrupulousness” of a person based on social network data;
- Gero – biotech firm which evaluates personal risks of mortality, health, and life expectancy;
- Insurion – P2P platform for users to buy insurance protecting against delayed flights;
- Rega Risk Sharing – platform for mutual decentralised insurance using blockchain;
- Thewaay – advisory service for firms’ clients;
- Kalkul.ru – application for inspection of cars and other objects;
- Medo – medical insurance broker.
Tatiana Puchkova, deputy director of Alfa Insurance, says technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning “can be extremely useful to us” and if “there is at least 10% probability for a successful mix of the ideas of the projects and our technologies to foster true innovation, we will definitely take a shot, and I guarantee my support to all interesting ideas”.