UI/UX Designer/Full Stack Developer
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Sector: Information Technology
Sub Sector: Other
Position Type: Permanent
Employment Type: Competitive
Date Added: 26/03/2019
As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help your team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you'll be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.
- Developing reusable, scalable and testable code
- You will be primarily responsible for developing UI components that adhere to a specific style guide and can be reused across applications within our organization.
- Consult with central UX team and propose UX enhancements to existing visuals to increase user experience
- Examining and defining HCI (human-computer interaction) aspects of UI design
- Participate in the next generation UI development and migration strategy
- Provide hands-on technical expertise in the area of UI development
- Prototype creative solutions quickly, and be able to collaborate with others and bring consensus in crafting and implementing your technical vision
- Contribute and collaborate in creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation
- Must be able to jump into the backend Java code to adjust/fix issues relating to UI components
- Delivery of software on time and on budget, based on original scope & requirements
- Work as a team to deliver value in a sustainable fashion
- Pro-actively look to improve and innovate existing flows and processes
- Participate in regular standups and code reviews
- Provide proper technical documentation on code
- UI development experience
- Strong knowledge in automated build and testing tools for UI components like Jenkins, Jasmine etc.
- Experience with UX basics and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience with RESTful services (consumption e.g with Axios)
- Hands-on experience with Java and Spring
- Strong attention to detail
- Innovative and team-player mindset
- Exposure to Agile methodologies
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases
The Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology group works closely with quantitative specialists to produce refined data for global risk reporting groups to consume. The metrics that we produce are used by our portfolio management and risk management teams to track portfolio risk relative to benchmarks and external funds. Risk alerts on outsized risks and anomalies are raised by the system, after which they are reviewed and acted upon. Our system is used to monitor and report on risk both internally and to regulators. The information we produce is reviewed by the highest levels of management at the firm.
This team is responsible for managing an interactive presentation of the risk reporting system with the ability to aggregate or decompose risk at the holding, portfolio, strategy, LOB or AM level. The framework provides exposure, sensitivities, stress and VaR on an absolute and active basis, and allows for aggregation across multiple instrument attributes (e.g. country, sector, issuer). The team also focuses on integrating analytics risk engines and data sources to create a comprehensive risk analysis and reporting platform.
In Asset and Wealth Management Risk Technology we have the opportunity to work with emerging technologies to create the most efficient and streamlined operation within our industry. We strive to be the leader on process and technology innovation within the group and are looking for like-minded motivated individuals to join and contribute.
The Glasgow team is a new addition to the AWM Risk Technology family and has a potential to become a hub for excellence so it is an exciting time to join. The team will be fully involved in developing and architecting the next-generation presentation layer for the risk system which helps drive the business into the Big Data era.
Our Corporate Technology team relies on smart, driven people like you to develop applications and provide tech support for all our corporate functions across our network. Your efforts will touch lives all over the financial spectrum and across all our divisions: Global Finance, Corporate Treasury, Risk Management, Human Resources, Compliance, Legal, and within the Corporate Administrative Office. You'll be part of a team specifically built to meet and exceed our evolving technology needs, as well as our technology controls agenda.