ICT Spring goes “beyond frontiers” and unveils a new format for 2022
ICT Spring is the centrepiece of Luxembourg’s event calendar and one of the top European tech conferences. Organised by Farvest and hosted on 30 June and 1 July at LuxExpo the Box, the event will inspire delegates across a variety of important topics.
Key areas of focus are the fast-growing fintech industry, innovations and technologies building the future of the economy, European sovereignty in data and cloud, supply chain initiatives, IT security, healthtech, entrepreneurship and space technologies.
For its 12th edition in a row and, as an influential voice in the worldwide tech community, the aim of ICT Spring is to encourage emulation and networking between business decisions makers, innovation managers, start-ups, researchers and venture capitalists on a European scale. It is all about going “beyond frontiers”, the theme of this new edition, to design the world of tomorrow.
Bold brands featured in the programme
Warner Media, N26, Google, SAP, TechCrunch, Future World Foundation, UBS, Ferrero and Air Liquide are some of the great brands you will be able to share insights with in addition to the numerous international delegates gathering for the occasion. Participants will learn about the next generation of content, the metaverse, new opportunities generated by NFTs, the secrets behind the mega-event Expo Dubai 2020, the advent of e-commerce in Europe, the latest updates on cybersecurity threats and many other topical issues.
A dense programme and three key focuses per day
Thematic half-days are proposed for visitors to fit with their profiles and favour networking with professionals:
- FinTech: Topics include the next chapter of finance, using data to unlock payments innovation and improving customer experiences.
- Tech/ IT: Topics include ‘Beyond Frontiers’ (covering the metaverse, NFTs, the next generation of content and the future of economy), cyber defense and incident response; digital sovereignty powered by the data and cloud economy; and the digitalisation of the supply chain.
- Space: Topics include EU technological sovereignty empowered by secure connectivity and accelerating the use of space for the benefits of the society.
- HealthTech: Topics include the future of connected healthcare and bringing care to home.
- Entrepreneurship: Topics include empowering tech communities, the importance of measuring the evolution and development of ecosystems and using innovation to address global challenges.
Immersive experience to explore throughout the exhibition area
There is a time for learning but also for experiencing at ICT Spring! More than 50 start-ups are joining the exhibition area to feature the products and services revolutionising businesses. They are joined by official organisations from Luxembourg’s ecosystem as well as great tech companies.
Virtual reality will be well represented at the event and brand-new experiences will be proposed to visitors such as exploring the worldwide brain by moving objects with the power of thought.
New this year, the exhibition area also welcomes international pavilions to focus on specific countries and tech hubs to discover the challenges they are tackling and the companies at the forefront of these changes.
Setting the pace
The conference has evolved with the times and, for this new physical event, Farvest, the organiser of the event, is joining forces with the artist Sumo, metaverse pioneer Mathias Keune and Luxembourg’s dedicated fintech centre LHoFT to offer participants a unique dive into the world of NFTs. For ICT Spring, Sumo – who recently designed Luxair’s Boeing 737 – is creating a unique NFT collection entitled “Beyond Frontiers”.
Over the two days, visitors will be able to attend specific workshops and side events tailored for them with experts coming from all over Europe.
Finally, ICT Spring will not be the same without its party the first evening. A not-to-miss event which enables visitors to enjoy Luxembourg’s nightlife and network with their peers in a festive atmosphere.
You can find more information on ictspring.com.