Big Names, Big Deals in Active Q1 for M&A
This year got off to a fast start with a flurry of M&A activity. By the end of the first quarter, the ink was dry on major deals involving some of the biggest names in payments, including Green Dot, Chase and Mastercard. And in what could end up as the biggest buy of them all, Euronet swooped in on Ant Financial with a higher bid for money transfer giant MoneyGram. As we move into the second quarter, all eyes are sure to be on the next steps in that mega-buy. And with the months ahead expected to bring news of more deals that will help shape the payments landscape, stay tuned to Paybefore for coverage and analysis of all the latest M&A news.
- Green Dot Buys UniRush, Gains a Major Payroll Card Foothold
- Chase Pay Acquires MCX Mobile Payments Technology
- Mastercard Bolsters Authentication with NuData Acquisition
- Wirecard Completes Citi Prepaid Acquisition
- As Gifting Evolves, First Data, FLEETCOR Combine Gift Card Operations
- Euronet Outbids Ant Financial for MoneyGram