Banking Technology Awards tech leaders, teams and Woman In Technology shortlists unveiled
Having gone through an unprecedented number of high-quality entries for our Tech Leadership and IT Team of the Year Awards, and for our newly-launched Woman In Technology (W.I.T.) Award, we are pleased to unveil the shortlists.
The winners will be selected by our expert panel of judges and unveiled at the awards ceremony and gala dinner on 1 December 2016, at Tower Hotel in London.
Woman In Technology (W.I.T) Award
New for 2016, the W.I.T. Award – in partnership with FemTechLeaders – recognises an outstanding woman for her distinguished leadership and inspiring work in making a positive impact in the financial services industry.
- Aleksandra Gren, country manager, international group, Fiserv
- Alexandra Foster, head of finance, insurance and strategy, Global Banking and Financial Markets, BT
- Brenda Tsai, global head of strategic marketing, FactSet Research Services
- Jennifer Stott, CIO for investor and treasury services, Royal Bank of Canada (RBC)
- Julia Warrack, managing director, JPMorgan
- Liz Maguire, head of digital and transformation, ANZ New Zealand
- Lynn Bishop, chief development officer, The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC)
- Natasha Kyprianides, group head of digital banking and innovation, Hellenic Bank Plc
- Rakefet Russak-Aminoach, president and CEO, Bank Leumi
- Samina Rizwan, enterprise architect, Habib Bank Ltd
An honourable mention goes to Ingrid de Jong, Recruiter “Woman In Tech”, ING, for her hands-on role in sourcing women for IT projects at ING.
Tech Leadership Award
The award lauds an outstanding person for his/her distinguished leadership and professional contribution to the industry’s betterment.
- Dave Sissens, head of operational strategy and change management, CLS Services Ltd
- Eddie Astanin, chairman of the executive board, National Settlement Depository
- Fabian Vandenreydt, global head of securities markets, Swift and Innotribe
- Gopi Krishnan, CIO, Al Hilal Bank
- Jouk Pleiter, co-founder and CEO, Backbase
- Michael Cooper, CTO, BT Radianz Services, Global Banking and Financial Markets
- Mohammed Hassem, CIO, First National Bank (FNB)
- Robert Palatnick, MD and chief technology architect, DTCC
- Stephen Ufford, founder and CEO, Trulioo
- Tomasz Motyl, chief innovation officer, Alior Bank
Our honourable mention goes to:
- Luvleen Sidhu, co-founder and chief strategy and marketing officer, BankMobile – for her outstanding drive and commitment to innovation in the banking space; the success of BankMobile; and the spirit of entrepreneurship and willingness to share her knowledge with the industry newcomers.
- Paul Lanois, senior legal counsel, Credit Suisse – for his passion for technology and immense knowledge of information security, data protection and privacy matters; for his significant contribution towards technology strategy at Credit Suisse; and the willingness to share his knowledge and expertise with the industry via numerous publications and conference presentations.
IT Team of the Year
Awarded to the IT team that has made the best contribution to the business through the successful delivery of an IT project and has demonstrated excellent teamwork.
- Absa Express Engineering Team, Barclays Africa
- Core Banking and Infrastructure Project IT Team, Dedebit Microfinance
- IT Department, Alior Bank
- The Cortex Team, JPMorgan
- The GRT Team, JPMorgan
Banking Technology wants to thank everyone who participated in these awards and we look forward to announcing the winners on 1 December!
If you have been shortlisted or know someone that is on the shortlist, contact us now for further details of the awards evening.