Fortanix Expands Relationship with AWS, Fortanix Data Security Manager Works with the AWS KMS External Key Store
Simplifies Workflows and Audits with Centralized Key Management including via SaaS to Give Customers Full Control of Data Security and Regulatory Compliance
SANTA CLARA, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Fortanix® Inc., the data-first multicloud security company and the pioneer of Confidential Computing, today announced that Fortanix Data Security Manager (DSM) now works with the AWS KMS External Key Store (XKS), allowing organizations that deal with regulated data to run workloads on AWS by segregating data on AWS infrastructure from encryption keys. This gives AWS customers complete control of data security while helping keep pace with continually evolving compliance regulations.
A common challenge facing cloud infrastructure customers is proving they comply with privacy and security regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Schrems II ruling that mandate sensitive data remain within the region. By using Fortanix DSM as a centralized, external key store, customers maintain full custody of their keys with complete control over the data encryption policies on AWS or other cloud providers. This control includes defining where the keys reside, access, and policy control. In addition, Fortanix provides a unified platform with encryption services, cloud key management, tokenization, and more.
“We’re thrilled to work with AWS as they launch AWS KMS External Key Store to global enterprise customers that are subject to regulatory and compliance requirements,” said Faiyaz Shahpurwala, chief product and strategy officer at Fortanix. “We believe this will give customers more choice and control over their key management lifecycle while leveraging the best-in-class benefits provided by AWS.”
Fortanix DSM works with AWS KMS XKS to allow organizations to:
- Use workloads with regulated data in AWS by segregating encryption keys from the data used and stored on AWS
- Gain full control of encryption keys and enforce granular access control across hybrid cloud infrastructures
- Simplify workflows and audits with Fortanix’s industry-leading centralized key management
Fortanix DSM is a simple-to-deploy, yet highly scalable data security platform that delivers a unified suite of services including encryption, hybrid cloud key management, tokenization and more. Fortanix DSM is offered as a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution as well as a virtual or physical appliance.
For more information on Fortanix and AWS integrations, click here.
- Fortanix DSM in AWS Marketplace
- Blog post
- Register now to attend the webinar titled “AWS+Fortanix: New Innovations to accelerate cloud adoption through data security, privacy and compliance” on January 17, 2023, at 10 am PST/6 pm GMT
- Announcing DSM Explorer, a “Free-Tier” SaaS Edition of Fortanix Data Security Manager
- Fortanix Raises $90 Million in Series C Funding
- Fortanix Launches the Industry’s First Web 3.0-era Solutions Based on Confidential Computing
Fortanix secures data, wherever it is. Fortanix’s data-first approach helps businesses of all sizes to modernize their security solutions on-premises, in the cloud and everywhere in-between. Enterprises worldwide, especially in privacy-sensitive industries like healthcare, fintech, financial services, government, and retail, trust Fortanix for data security, privacy and compliance. Fortanix investors include Goldman Sachs, Foundation Capital, Intel Capital, In-Q-Tel, Neotribe Ventures and GiantLeap Capital. Fortanix is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. For more information, visit https://fortanix.com/.
Sammy Totah, BOCA Communications for Fortanix