White paper: The payments transformation race: Criteria for success
The Payments Transformation Race: Criteria for Success, commissioned by Icon Solutions and produced by Aite, takes a deep dive into the current state of payments transformation at top global banks.
The report provides a view into how banks define payments transformation, the priority this initiative has within the institutions, and key data points such as status of real-time payments, profitability of payments, risks of inaction, and funding of initiatives.
Key takeaways from the study include the following:
- While every institution defines payments transformation differently, every definition includes a reference to the importance of speed.
- Real-time payments are the primary driver of payments transformation efforts at most financial institutions.
- Payments are struggling to maintain profitability hurdles as the total cost of operation (TCO) continues to rise and margins continue to thin. Streamlining and updating back-end systems to create a foundation for future payments infrastructure is a key component to long-term success.
- The true success of a payments transformation effort is not immediately measurable as the long-term viability of the infrastructure will not be known for a decade or more in the future.
- Completing a high-level self-assessment can help financial institutions of all sizes identify their strengths and opportunities and benchmark themselves against best-in-class industry leaders.
Enter your details below and download the Icon Solutions and Aite white paper now!
Icon Solutions delivers payments services and solutions to many of the world’s leading financial institutions, enabling them to transform with speed, agility and purpose. Find out more here.
FinTech Futures will use the details that you provide here to send you the white paper and share them with Icon Solutions for informative purposes including follow-up on the white paper.