Juniper Square Surpasses 1,200 Client Sponsors; $1.5 Trillion in Managed Assets
Named a 2021 Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Company in America, Juniper Square’s business acceleration points to momentum in marketplace and demand for technology solutions tailored for commercial real estate
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#CRE—Juniper Square, the leading provider of investment management solutions for commercial real estate (CRE), today announced robust growth over the past year resulting in $1.5 trillion in managed assets and 1,200 general partner (GP) clients. The growth since the onset of the global COVID-19 pandemic reflects acceleration of the industry-wide trend toward digitizing key aspects of fundraising, investor reporting and investment management across the commercial real estate industry. New clients who have found value from the platform in the past year include DF Capital Management, GMC Properties, Watchung Capital and Wolverton Capital. To date, more than 200,000 investor accounts and 18,000 investment entities are being managed by Juniper Square.
“With investors having purchased nearly $145 billion of U.S. commercial property in the second quarter alone1, the fastest-growing CRE investment firms are taking more aggressive approaches and deploying best practices in technology and operations management to successfully scale,” said Alex Robinson, Juniper Square co-founder and CEO. “Juniper Square stands ready to serve with leading-edge, technology-driven solutions that allow firms to focus more on their portfolio growth, strategy and fundraising, and less on burdensome, manual processes.”
“Our investors trust us to provide a best-in-class investor experience. After exploring several different fund administration platforms, it was clear that Juniper Square provides that best-in-class investor experience and has re-imagined what fund administration can be with the latest technology and responsive support services,” said Ed Wilson, director of capital markets at Altus Properties. “We are excited to partner with Juniper Square and deliver an enhanced service to our investors.”
Growth Driven in Part by Industry-Pioneering New Product Offerings
Adding to the company’s rich suite of tools that enable firms to scale their business, in July 2021, Juniper Square launched its Institutional Reporting solution, a revolutionary investment data network designed to unite institutional LPs and GPs around a shared set of partnership, performance and asset data. To date, 200 GPs are using the platform, including Beacon Capital Partners, Rockpoint Group, Waterton and more than half of the PERE Top 100.
In October 2020, Juniper Square launched Fund Administration, a first-of-its-kind solution that combines industry-leading software with expert services to deliver transparent and responsive end-to-end fund administration for investment managers. The solution is currently used by more than 80 funds with $6 billion in assets under administration. Clients include Casoro Group, Creek Lane Capital, Fifield Companies, Integral Group, NewcrestImage, Parkview Financial, PTM Partners, Trevian Capital and Trueline Capital.
Industry Endorsements and Accolades
Over the past 12 months, Juniper Square was measured against the nation’s most innovative and transformative companies to earn its place on three prestigious business lists, including:
- Inc. 5000 2021 Fastest-Growing Company in America, an annual ranking of fastest-growing private companies in the United States. The prestigious list is the most comprehensive view of a dynamic segment of the economy: America’s independent-minded businesses.
- Deloitte’s 2020 Technology Fast 500 company, which provides ranking of the fastest-growing technology, media, telecommunications, life sciences and energy tech companies — both public and private — in North America.
- Forbes’ 2020 Best Startup Employers, which identifies the up-and-coming companies liked best by their employees. The list was compiled by evaluating 2,500 American businesses with at least 50 employees on three criteria: employer reputation, employee satisfaction and growth.
Accelerating Digital Transformation with Innovative Research and Best-Practices
Juniper Square regularly shares its proprietary research and innovative practices to benefit the CRE industry at large. Its June 2021 survey of more than 100 senior executives at U.S.-based commercial real estate firms focused on technology adoption over the past 12 months. Key results include:
- 66% reported having increased investments in technology over the past 12 months, surpassing other expense categories
- In the year ahead, more than 70% plan to increase their investment in technology
- Sponsors equipped with an investor portal over the past three years also reported they were 27% more likely to increase their assets under management over the same time period than sponsors without a portal
- GPs using Juniper Square disclosed that they close capital commitments 40% faster than other sponsors, as a result of using the technology
In May 2021, Juniper Square also released a thought leadership piece, “Juniper Square Ponders the Future of Office With Digital-First, Hybrid Workplace Strategy” to share best practices and key learnings among the CRE industry. The company’s innovative “cloud-and-hub” model has enabled Juniper Square to continue to attract and retain top talent and set the foundations for growth in a post-pandemic world.
Sustaining Excellence in Investment Management Solutions
Juniper Square offers a robust suite of tools that enable GPs and LPs alike to scale their business. Product offerings include:
- Investor Portal: Improves investor access and satisfaction with secure access to documents and performance anytime, from any device.
- Client Relationship Management (CRM): An easy-to-use solution for managing investor information and communications.
- Fundraising Automation: An integrated tool that enables investment managers to raise more with less by streamlining fundraising efforts via online subscriptions and customizable data rooms.
- Investor Reporting: Produces customized statements, transaction notices and reports.
About Juniper Square
Founded in 2014, Juniper Square is transforming private equity with innovative software and solutions that deliver a more modern, efficient and effective approach to managing private partnerships. Designed to provide real-time information and workflow for all parties involved in a private partnership, Juniper Square enables forward-thinking GPs to lower administrative costs, increase investor satisfaction, and raise more capital.
Trusted by over 1,200 GPs to manage more than 200,000 investors and $1.5 trillion in assets, Juniper Square has quickly become the leading provider of investment management solutions for commercial real estate. The company was recognized as an Inc. 5000 2021 Fastest-Growing Company in America, a Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Company, and was named one of Forbes’ Best Startup Employers.
Learn more at www.junipersquare.com.