2nd National FinTech Conference
The total investment in FinTech in 2016 was $24.6b according to KPMG while an annual 20% ROI is expected on FinTech related projects as indicated in a PWC report. Similarly, in FinTech Trends Report for 3rd quarter of 2017, FinTech companies closed 496 deals worth $8billion in the first half of 2017. Many African countries particularly Nigeria have benefited from the massive investments in FinTech and are creating world class innovation that promises to significantly contribute to the development of their economies. In Nigeria, activities in the FinTech ecosystem continue to soar with series of investment in up and coming FinTechs with special emphasise placed on FinTech partnership and collaboration by incumbents:
- How should incumbents especially financial institutions relate in a win-win scenario with up and coming and established FinTechs?
- What needs to be done to develop FinTech ecosystem in Nigeria to position Nigeria not only as Africa’s FinTech leader but a force to reckon with in the global FinTech landscape?
- What do we need to do to create solutions that address real life problems and challenges of Nigeria?
- How do we adapt and leverage international best practices to fast-track FinTech growth and contribution to economic development?
- What are the emerging technologies and initiatives that are trending across the globe? These and many other issues will be the focus of the 2nd National FinTech Conference holding in Lagos in January 2018.
We therefore invite you to be part of 2nd National FinTech Conference holding from 24th to 26th January 2018 taking place in Lagos -Nigeria. This is coming on the heels of the hugely successful 1st edition held in April 2017 which was a sold out event with participants cutting across various industries from over 20 countries across all continents. The 2nd National FinTech Conference promises to herald the contemporary thinking and discovery in financial technology and its dynamism as participants from all walks of life across diverse professions engage to chart a clear path for speedy growth of FinTech in Nigeria and Africa. The Conference will feature high-profile speakers/subject matter experts and public figures, innovative start-ups, the maiden Nigerian FinTech Award night, formal launching of FinTech Association of Nigeria amongst others.
The event is proudly brought to you by Fintech Associates Ltd, Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria Centre for Financial Studies, FintechStage (Italy), Fintech Association of Nigeria and a host of other local and foreign partners.