Antelop reinvents digital cards and mobile issuance with a unified solution for banks and card issuing processors
Banks and card issuing processors can now use a single software development kit to add all the very latest digital card features to their mobile banking app, making it possible for even the smallest bank to quickly and easily provide its clients with an instant, mobile-first experience that meets the needs of today’s increasingly digital consumer.
Digital cards and instant issuance are the new normal
Today, consumers are looking for convenience beyond anything else. They are accustomed to digital experiences and want convenient, seamless digital services.
In this digital-first world, the digital card is becoming a complementary tool to the plastic card.
“Customers expect digital-first experiences. To meet their needs, banks now need to offer their customers an instant and mobile-first banking experience. This is the new normal and now a market standard,” says Antelop’s CEO Nicolas Bruley.
“Digital cards address this change in consumer behavior and enable instant card issuing on the consumer’s mobile device. This leaves the physical card as an option: digital cards can exist as a standalone offering or as a complement to an existing physical card. In addition, issuing fully digital cards cuts costs and reduces a bank’s carbon footprint as plastic is no longer required.”
Reducing complexity for banks and card issuers
Digital cards have been made possible by the new tokenisation systems introduced by the card networks (Mastercard MDES, Visa VTS etc). These have allowed banks to digitise their card portfolio, replacing sensitive card numbers with tokens dedicated to specific use cases for enhanced security. The market is now increasingly moving away from old EMV physical cards towards purely digital cards.
Banks now face multiple tokenisation systems (Visa, Mastercard, local schemes, the future European Payments Initiative etc) and related innovations. In order to implement such innovations, issuers often rely on several card systems, with as many features as solutions. This means that they can often struggle with a multiplicity of back-end integrations, creating greater complexity, less agility and longer timelines for project implementation.
Digital cards require embedded integrations into the mobile banking applications. Today, customers demand that all banking activities happen in one app: card enrollment, payment, balance check, card management, authentication, etc. To offer digital cards that add real value to their clients, banks need a unified service directly integrated into their mobile applications.
Programmes such as Mastercard’s recently launched Digital First enables banks to implement full digital card issuance with partners such as Antelop.
The One Digital Card solution by Antelop
The One Digital Card solution enables issuers to provide their customers with a unique digital-first experience.
All digital card features in one single solution
The One Digital Card SDK (mobile software development kit) lets banks replace complex integrations with a single unified and simplified digital card integration that delivers a full range of digital card features through mobile-only integration – little or no back-end development required.
Bring all the value added digital card features directly into your mobile banking application through one single mobile software development kit for both Android and for iOS.
The solution guarantees a holistic customer journey within the banking app so that the user can activate a digital card, push it to both digital wallets and e-commerce merchants, self-manage their card and make payments with it.
With The One Digital Card, every bank can now go mobile-first!
All digital card use cases are included
The One Digital Card mobile solution by Antelop offers all the digital card features your customers expect:
- Video KYC: Onboard customers with unique video-based ID verification. Enable users to open accounts 100% remotely.
- Instant issuing: Provision your cards to your customers’ mobile banking in real-time.
- NFC issuer wallet: Turn your mobile banking app into an NFC wallet.
- Push to x-pays and merchants: Enable customers to conveniently and securely push cards to Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, use “Click to Pay” to e-commerce merchants (Amazon, Netflix etc). Simplify digital card activation from banking apps for all use cases.
- Token manager: Provide a state-of-the-art self-care management tool while reducing human support.
- Display card: Securely display card information in the application for online payment without using a plastic card.
- PIN in and out: Securely display the PIN code in the application and let customers choose the PIN for their card directly in the app.
- Strong customer authentication: Use the “chip-like” security of payment solutions to provide both super-secure and convenient customer authentication (e.g. for 3DS Secure). Achieve compliance with the European PSD2 directive whilst retaining a convenient user experience.
- Innovation ready: The One Digital Card solution allows for the integration of future innovations introduced by the card networks. It enables banks and card issuing processors to incorporate continuous innovation in their digital card services.
The One Digital Card provides all digital card services.
Simplified integration and maintenance
The One Digital Card by Antelop offers one single integration for all features:
- Multiple solutions and providers are no longer required: we include all the features you need in one single integration.
- One Digital Card is built on services offered by card networks to ensure easy integration and maintenance.
- The solution provides full embedded protection for all flows and assets, with integrated security.
- The potential for mobile-only integration. Core digital card features can be integrated in a mobile application without any back-end integration.
Learn more about the integration options here.
Mobile-side integration and prerequisites
We offer three different options for mobile-side integration: SDK, white label application or white label screens including source codes. Email us to discover more.
The only prerequisite for deploying Antelop’s One Digital Card is for a bank or card issuing processor to already be compatible with tokenisation.
Contact our team to learn how to support tokenisation by connecting to Visa VTS, Mastercard MDES etc. with our Issuer Token Service Provider (iTSP) hub.
Go digital first with The One Digital Card by Antelop
Antelop’s One Digital Card solution brings banks and issuing card processors all the digital card features they need through a mobile-only integration, enriching their value proposition for their customer.
Contact us and learn how to deploy The One Digital Card SDK.
Founded in 2014, Antelop is the digital card partner of banks, certified Visa, Mastercard and CB, answering their digitisation challenges.
We digitise cards and secure banking apps. Antelop enables banks with all digital cards features into their mobile applications through One Digital Card SDK (Card/PIN display, push to XPays, Token management, NFC payments, Strong Authentication etc). No more complex back-end integrations, go mobile first!