SuperCharger FinTech Accelerator in Hong Kong unveils finalists
Eight start-ups and scale-ups in wealth management, regtech, artificial intelligence (AI), payments, big data, blockchain and cybersecurity are to take part in SuperCharger FinTech Accelerator 2.0.
The 12-week accelerator programme is sponsored by Standard Chartered Bank and Fidelity International. It is based in Hong Kong.
Cyberport is the venue partner, providing the participants its newly opened Cyberport Smart-Space FinTech Centre as their co-working space.
Standard Chartered says over 200 applicants from 33 countries applied, of which eight were selected:
- Bambu – a Singapore-based company that offers robo-advisory solutions for investment and wealth managers;
- Clare.ai – a white-label chatbot for banks, based on machine learning algorithms and natural language processing;
- Entersoft – an Australia-based application security provider;
- FinChat – a mobile-compliance monitoring service provider based in Singapore;
- Foris – a Singapore/Hong Kong based company that offers a multi-currency account to enable users to manage money at perfect interbank exchange rates;
- KYC Chain – digital identity management, based on the distributed ledger technology;
- Squirro – a Zurich-based firm focused on big data and data visualisation;
- Xnotes Alliance – provides “business-driven, currency-agnostic and energy-efficient enterprise class blockchain-based solutions”.
SuperCharger FinTech Accelerator 2.0 is also supported by Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing (HKEX), Visa, Amazon Web Services (AWS), InvestHK, the University of Hong Kong and other organisations.