People on the Move: New Board Members, CFPB
The CFPB has appointed new consumer finance experts from outside the federal government to the Consumer Advisory Board, Community Bank Advisory Council and Credit Union Advisory Council. The three boards provide advice to CFPB leadership on a broad range of consumer financial issues and emerging market trends.
Consumer Advisory Board members include:
- Seema M. Agnani, director of policy and civic engagement, National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development, Washington, D.C.
- Sylvia A. Alvarez, executive director, housing and education alliance, Tampa, Fla.
- Tim Chen, CEO, NerdWallet, San Francisco
- Kathleen C. Engel, research professor, Suffolk University Law School, Boston
- Judith L. Fox, clinical professor of law, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, Ind.
- Neil F. Hall, executive vice president, PNC Financial Services Group, Pittsburgh
- Raul A. Hinojosa-Ojeda, associate professor, University of California Los Angeles division of social sciences, Los Angeles
- Brian D. Hughes, senior vice president of card marketing, Discover Financial Services, Deerfield, Ill.
- Christopher G. Kukla, senior vice president, Center for Responsible Lending, Durham, N.C.
- Max R. Levchin, co-founder and CEO, Affirm, San Francisco
- Phaedra B. Robinson, executive director, Coalition for a Prosperous Mississippi, Richland, Miss.
- Joshua Zinner, co-director, New Economy Project, New York
Community Bank Advisory Council members include:
- Jonathan T. Allen, chief compliance officer, Bank of American Fork, American Fork, Utah
- Kathleen J. Cook, president and CEO, The Village Bank, Saint Libory, Ill.
- Julia R. DeBery, senior vice president, internal audit and risk management, Bath Savings Institution, Bath, Maine
- Jack E. Hopkins, president and CEO, CorTrust Bank, Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Ricardo ‘Ricky’ D. Leal, community lender and senior vice president, First Community Bank, N.A., Harlingen, Texas
- Cara L. Quick, vice president of compliance, First Hope Bank, N.A., Hope, N.J.
- Thomas E. Spitz, CEO, Settlers Bank, Windsor, Wis.
- Yee Phong (Alan) Thian, president and CEO, Royal Business Bank, Arcadia, Calif.
- Samuel Vallandingham, president and CEO, First State Bank, Barboursville, W.Va.
Credit Union Advisory Council members include:
- Gail L. DeBoer , president and CEO, SAC Federal Credit Union, Papillion, Neb.
- Robert C. Donley, executive vice president, Members Credit Union, Winston-Salem, N.C.
- Gregory W. Higgins, senior vice president, general counsel, Wings Financial Credit Union, Saint Paul, Minn.
- Maria A. LaVelle, CEO, Westmoreland Community Federal Credit Union, Greensburg, Pa.
- Carrie L. O’Connor, senior vice president, lending and operations, Community America Credit Union, Shawnee Mission, Kan.
- Thomas J. O’Shea, president and CEO, Aspire Federal Credit Union, Clark, N.J.
- Katey Proefke, assistant vice president of compliance, Chevron Federal Credit Union, Oakland, Calif.
- James E. Spradlin, president and CEO, Park Community Credit Union, Louisville, Ky.