Free Webinar on the CFPB’s NPRM by K&L Gates and Paybefore (Nov. 25, 2014)
The payments industry is only starting to digest the potential consequences of the CFPB’s sweeping proposed rule on prepaid accounts. On Thursday, Dec. 4, 2014, at 2 p.m. EST, K&L Gates and Paybefore will present a complimentary Webinar for the Paybefore community on the proposed rules. The focus will be on the practical impact the rules will have on prepaid accounts, and what they may mean to prepaid issuers, program managers and processors. The goal will be to give listeners information and tools to evaluate how the rule will impact their business—and provide practical advice on how to address concerns about the rule with the CFPB.
- How the uniform disclosure regime could affect the terms and features of prepaid accounts.
- Application of the proposed rule to different products and services, including payroll cards, digital wallets, digital currency services, student financial aid disbursement cards, tax refund cards, P2P payment platforms and credit products.
- Impact of the new credit provisions on the availability of credit to underserved populations.
The Webinar also will discuss how the proposed rule might impact various legislative initiatives on prepaid accounts that have been proposed in Congress—and the role that members of Congress might play in shaping the rule.
Participating Attorneys from K&L Gates
- Steve Kaplan, practice area leader, financial services
- David Beam, partner, payment systems and consumer financial services groups
- Kathryn Baugher, associate, payment systems and consumer financial services groups
- Jeremy McLaughlin, associate, payment systems and consumer financial services groups
- Kara Ward, associate, public policy and law group
Registration required: Click here to register. Log-in instructions will be sent to all registrants the day before the Webinar.
See related stories: