Infosys claims improved “time to insight” with Big Data platform
Infosys has formally announced its BigDataEdge platform, designed to allow banks to bring together Big Data analytics onto one platform.
“There have been several point solutions, but it is important to have a platform,” said Vishnu Bhat, vice president and global head for cloud at Infosys.
Customers that have already deployed the platform – some 10 across different industries – have been able to do so “in a few weeks,” said Bhat, adding that the intention is to “improve speed to insight, as well as to take action on those insights” for customers.
By integrating different elements, Infosys reckons that user organisations can reduce the time taken to extract information by “up to 40% and generate insights up to eight times faster”.
Among the features of the platform are
- A visual interface with more than 50 customisable dashboards and 250 built-in algorithms.
- More than 50 data source connectors, which allow access to structured and unstructured data residing across enterprise and external sources.
- Collaboration tools and pre-built workflows
- A Logical Data Warehouse providing a virtual data management architecture
- ‘Out-of-the-box’ applications for specific industry needs such as fraud detection and prevention, predictive analytics and monitoring, and customer micro-segmentation
Bhat said that the system combines real-time streaming data with what he characterises as “dark data”, unstructured and little used information that may be scattered across systems throughout the organisation.
The packaged data source connectors will allow customers to quickly connect to these systems and access that data, he said.
Among the data sources that connectors are provided for are Oracle databases. “Big Data can provide our customers with superior agility and insight to make better business decisions,” said Cetin Ozbutun, vice president for data warehousing and big data technologies at Oracle. “Infosys has demonstrated the ability to deliver needed skills for Oracle’s Big Data solutions, as well as [our] data warehousing and analytics platforms. The Infosys BigDataEdge platform leverages Oracle Big Data Appliance and Oracle Exadata Database Machine to help our clients acquire, organise, analyse, and take action on these insights and produce a faster return on their investments.”